Package contains 8 ounces of Adzuki Bean Organic Sprouting Seeds.
Soak seeds for 12 hours and rinse. Place in warm area out of direct sunlight. Rinse 3-4 times a day. Sprouts ready in 3 days. Store in sealed bag in refrigerator.
Adzuki beans are deep maroon in appearance, although this bright color will fade a bit with sprouting. Adzuki sprouts are crisp and sweet and are loaded with vitamins and protein.
These instructions refer to jar sprouting, but can be used as a general outline for sprouting:
1. Soak the sprouting seeds in about 3x the amount of water. Soak for about 12 hours. Rinse.
2. Drain the water from the seeds thoroughly. Tilt the upside-down sprouting jar to ensure all water trickles out in order to prevent mold. Store in a dark place.
3. Rinse the seeds 3-4 times a day. Drain water completely after each rinse. Continue this step for 3 days.
4. Once seeds have sprouted (you will see leaves showing up), you may want to place them in a sunny spot for a few hours.
5. Store the sprouts in a container in the refrigerator for a few days to maintain freshness.