Soak Seeds for 10 hours and rinse. Place in warm area out of direct sunlight. Rinse 3-4 times a day. Sprouts ready in 3 days. Store in sealed bag in refrigerator 1 week maximum.
Package contains either 2 ounces or 8 ounces of Alfalfa Organic Sprouting Seeds.
Alfalfa sprouts are a popular and delicious type of sprout. They are well-known and are the type most often seen on grocery store shelves. They have a mild flavor and work well with a wide range of recipes. They are high in Vitamin C and B12.
These instructions refer to jar sprouting, but can be used as a general outline for sprouting:
1. Soak the sprouting seeds in about 3x the amount of water. Soak for about 10 hours. Rinse.
2. Drain the water from the seeds thoroughly. Tilt the upside-down sprouting jar to ensure all water trickles out in order to prevent mold. Store in a dark place.
3. Rinse the seeds 3-4 times a day. Drain water completely after each rinse. Continue this step for 3 days.
4. Once seeds have sprouted (you will see leaves showing up), you may want to place them in a sunny spot for a few hours.
5. Store the sprouts in a container in the refrigerator for a few days to maintain freshness.
Recipes/How to Use:
Sprouts make a wonderful addition to salads, sandwiches, drinks, stir-fries, and other dishes.
Salad with Sprouts
2 C. mixed salad greens
1 C. sprouts of your choice
1-2. carrots, thinly sliced
1 cucumber, sliced
1 celery stalk, chopped
Toss ingredients together and serve with your favorite salad dressing.