Soak Seeds for 10 hours and rinse. Place in warm area out of direct sunlight. Rinse 3-4 times a day. Sprouts ready in 3 days. Store in sealed bag in refrigerator 1 week maximum.
Package contains either 2 ounces or 8 ounces of Alfalfa Organic Sprouting Seeds.
Alfalfa sprouts are a popular and delicious type of sprout. They are well-known and are the type most often seen on grocery store shelves. They have a mild flavor and work well with a wide range of recipes. They are high in Vitamin C and B12.
These instructions refer to jar sprouting, but can be used as a general outline for sprouting:
1. Soak the sprouting seeds in about 3x the amount of water. Soak for about 10 hours. Rinse.
2. Drain the water from the seeds thoroughly. Tilt the upside-down sprouting jar to ensure all water trickles out in order to prevent mold. Store in a dark place.
3. Rinse the seeds 3-4 times a day. Drain water completely after each rinse. Continue this step for 3 days.
4. Once seeds have sprouted (you will see leaves showing up), you may want to place them in a sunny spot for a few hours.
5. Store the sprouts in a container in the refrigerator for a few days to maintain freshness.