Soak seeds for 12 hours and rinse. Place in warm area out of direct sunlight. Rinse 3-4 times a day. Sprouts ready in 2 days. Store in sealed bag in refrigerator 1 week maximum.
Wheat sprouts are nourishing and delicious. These sprouts are packed with vitamins and minerals. Sprouted wheat can be used in certain bread recipes or squeezed for wheat grass juice.
Package contains 8 ounces of Hard Red Wheat Organic Sprouting Seeds.
These instructions refer to jar sprouting, but can be used as a general outline for sprouting:
1. Soak the sprouting seeds in about 3x the amount of water. Soak for about 12 hours. Rinse.
2. Drain the water from the seeds thoroughly. Tilt the upside-down sprouting jar to ensure all water trickles out in order to prevent mold. Store in a dark place.
3. Rinse the seeds 3-4 times a day. Drain water completely after each rinse. Continue this step for 2 days.
4. Once seeds have sprouted (you will see leaves showing up), you may want to place them in a sunny spot for a few hours.
5. Store the sprouts in a container in the refrigerator for a few days to maintain freshness.
Recipes/How to Use:
Sprouts make a wonderful addition to salads, sandwiches, drinks, stir-fries, and other dishes.
Salad with Sprouts
2 C. mixed salad greens
1 C. sprouts of your choice
1-2. carrots, thinly sliced
1 cucumber, sliced
1 celery stalk, chopped
Toss ingredients together and serve with your favorite salad dressing.