Soak seeds for 6-12 hours. Rinse and drain thoroughly. Repeat rinses every 8 hours for about 3 days.
Package contains 8 ounces of Triticale Organic Sprouting Seeds.
Triticale is known as a modern grain; a combination of rye and wheat. It is very nutritious and full of vitamins. The sprouts are somewhat chewy and sweet.
These instructions refer to jar sprouting, but can be used as a general outline for sprouting:
1. Soak the sprouting seeds in about 3x the amount of water. Soak for about 6-12 hours. Rinse.
2. Drain the water from the seeds thoroughly. Tilt the upside-down sprouting jar to ensure all water trickles out in order to prevent mold. Store in a dark place.
3. Rinse the seeds every 8 hours. Drain water completely after each rinse. Continue this step for 3 days.
4. Once seeds have sprouted (you will see leaves showing up), you may want to place them in a sunny spot for a few hours.
5. Store the sprouts in a container in the refrigerator for a few days to maintain freshness.