- 75 days to harvest.
- Bush growth habit/semi vining, high yeilding.
- Heirloom variety.
- Included in the Preparedness Seed Bank.
- Package contains 4 ounces, approximately 350 California Blackeye Cowpea Seeds.
- Germination: 5 to 8 days at 70 to 85 F.
- Plant seeds 1- 1/2 inches deep with 3 inches between plants and 18 to 24 inches between rows.
California Blackeye Cowpea plants produce pods that grow up to 8 inches long with seeds that can be used either dry or fresh. This plant is semi-vining and grows vigorously to produce heavy yields of delicious cowpeas. Also known as Southern peas. Cowpeas can be planted like bush beans, and they are not susceptible to most bean and pea diseases.