Soak seeds for 2-12 hours (check softness after a couple of hours--do not oversoak) and rinse. Place in warm area out of direct sunlight. Rinse 3-4 times a day. Sprouts ready in about 7 days. Store in sealed bag in refrigerator 1 week maximum.
Soybean sprouts are an excellent source of protein and vitamins. When sprouting soybeans, be extra careful to drain them thoroughly and don't soak them for too long (to prevent mushy, spoiled beans).
Package contains 8 ounces of Yellow Soybean Organic Sprouting Seeds.
These instructions refer to jar sprouting, but can be used as a general outline for sprouting:
1. Soak the sprouting seeds in about 3x the amount of water. Soak for about 2-12 hours. Rinse.
2. Drain the water from the seeds thoroughly. Tilt the upside-down sprouting jar to ensure all water trickles out in order to prevent mold. Store in a dark place.
3. Rinse the seeds 3-4 times a day. Drain water completely after each rinse. Continue this step for about 7 days.
4. Once seeds have sprouted (you will see leaves showing up), you may want to place them in a sunny spot for a few hours.
5. Store the sprouts in a container in the refrigerator for a few days to maintain freshness.