Garlic Chives Organic Sprouting Seeds
Add water 2-3 times the amount of seeds and soak for about 10 hours. Rinse and drain every 10 hours for 10-15 days, until the sprouts reach the desired length.
Although it can be slow to sprout, sprouting garlic is definitely worth the wait. These sprouts will add flavor to all kinds of recipes.
Package contains 1 ounce of Garlic Chives Organic Sprouting Seeds.
These seeds are best grown using sure to grow mats or sprouters, but jars will do just fine.
These instructions refer to jar sprouting, but can be used as a general outline for sprouting:
1. Soak the sprouting seeds in about 3x the amount of water. Soak for about 10 hours. Rinse.
2. Drain the water from the seeds thoroughly. Tilt the upside-down sprouting jar to ensure all water trickles out in order to prevent mold. Store in a dark place.
3. Rinse the seeds every 10 hours. Drain water completely after each rinse. Continue this step for 10-15 days.
4. Once seeds have sprouted (you will see leaves showing up), you may want to place them in a sunny spot for a few hours.
5. Store the sprouts in a container in the refrigerator for a few days to maintain freshness.
Recipes/How to Use:
Sprouts make a wonderful addition to salads, sandwiches, drinks, stir-fries, and other dishes.
Salad with Sprouts
2 C. mixed salad greens
1 C. sprouts of your choice
1-2. carrots, thinly sliced
1 cucumber, sliced
1 celery stalk, chopped
Toss ingredients together and serve with your favorite salad dressing.
Jade Bush - Bean Seeds