Soak seeds for 10 hours and rinse. Place in warm area out of direct sunlight. Rinse 3-4 times a day. Sprouts ready in 2 days. Store in sealed bag in refrigerator 1 week maximum.
Buckwheat offers all kinds of vitamins and minerals, and is quick and easy to sprout. Be sure to rinse thoroughly after soaking, since the water will be very starchy.
Package contains 8 ounces of Buckwheat Organic Sprouting Seeds.
These instructions refer to jar sprouting, but can be used as a general outline for sprouting:
1. Soak the sprouting seeds in about 3x the amount of water. Soak for about 10 hours. Rinse.
2. Drain the water from the seeds thoroughly. Tilt the upside-down sprouting jar to ensure all water trickles out in order to prevent mold. Store in a dark place.
3. Rinse the seeds 3-4 times a day. Drain water completely after each rinse. Continue this step for 2 days.
4. Once seeds have sprouted (you will see leaves showing up), you may want to place them in a sunny spot for a few hours.
5. Store the sprouts in a container in the refrigerator for a few days to maintain freshness.