Scorzonera Black Root Salsify Seeds - Heirloom
- Package contains 1 gram, approximately 350 Scorzonera Black Root Salsify Seeds
- 100 - 130 days to harvest; can be grown as a perennial in zones 6 to 9.
- Sometimes known as the Black Oyster Plant, Scorzonera Black Root Salsify is a 17th century heirloom variety.
- It can be used in place of the more traditional parsnips or carrots in recipes that require root vegetables.
- Germination: These are slow to germinate and it may take as long as 2 to 4 weeks. Plant 3-4 seeds 1/2” deep and 4 - 6” apart in soil that is tilled down at least 12" and is well-drained.